A Staircase is a series of steps connecting different levels in a Building. In a House with more than one level, the Staircase will be used everyday, a number of times. Hence the Staircase should be comfortably designed for the users.
- The open staircase with cantilever can be at North-West, South-East and South-West corners are the best.
- Strictly avoid internal and external staircase in North-East Corner.
- Avoid building staircases lining with East and North internal walls.
- Avoid constructing closed internal staircase at the four corners of a house.
- Avoid closed staircase structures in the external. Open staircase are best suited.
- Avoid rooms and lavatories of any kind under the external staircases.